Eastern Oregon, John Day area, June, 2019
Oregon is a state of great variability, from deserts to alpine vistas to grasslands and forests to ocean beaches. Here are a few pictures from an otherwise busy weekend.
- Maryhill - Columbia river gorge and the WWI Stonhenge memorial
- Minam - Near the confluences of the Minam, Wallowa, and Grand Ronde rivers
- Joseph - Cultural center
- Baker City - mostly the Oregon Trail center
- John Day - mostly Painted Hills
- The Dalles - Celestial falls, weird clouds
Also, on this trip I discovered the biscuit scablands between Tygh Valley and Dufur. I wil be returning for further investigation!