therefore I cook... These are
my own creations. You won't find them in a cookbook anywhere!
Fun things to eat:
- Red Chard - the same delicate, buttery taste of the traditional
Swiss Chard, with really attractive color.
- Pears - Comice or Bosc, or any other. Fabulous on romaine lettuce
salad with blue cheese or caesar dressing.
- Satsuma Mandarin - also incredible on salad
- Red Bell Peppers - sweeter and milder than the green ones. They
make a nice contrast to the pears in the salad.
- Garlic - I've heard it is possible to have too much garlic. Maybe
someday I'll understand. But until then...!
- Walla Walla Sweet Onions - good stuff.
- Apricot Jam - Don't even mess with the stuff that's 'cut' with
- Bryer's Vanilla Ice Cream, Fresh Strawberries, Chocolate sauce and
Whipped Cream - need I say more?
My favorite restaurants. In no particular order. Tell 'em
I sent you! ('course, they don't know me from the man in the moon!) These
restaurants have never disappointed in terms of the food they serve. Ambiance
ranges from exquisite to bizarre. Don't let the appearance of a converted
gas station or dilapidated old house get in the way of an exceptional dining
experience. While many of these restaurants have all the ingredients
of a fine dining experience, some offer the satisfaction of 'discovery,'
incredible food without the distracting glitz (and price tag) of a 'fine'
restaurant. Always be prepared for gracious service and, please,
- Pulicci's - Excellent Italian food in Cannon Beach, OR. Make
reservations early. (503) 436-1279 - 988 South Hemlock Street, Cannon
Beach, OR 97110
- Restaurant Russia - Authentic Russian cuisine with live Russian
entertainment for weekend dinners. They're located at 6433 SE Foster Road,
Portland. Call (503) 771-8837 for reservations.
- The Garden - 1617 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19002 (215)
- Bangkok 103 Cafe - Thai cuisine, 44 N. College Ave. College Place,
WA 99324 (509) 522-3007. Reservations a must. Don't be fooled
by the 'basic' appearance of this place. The food is excellent.
- Swagat - Wonderful Indian food.
- Al Amir - Middle Eastern Cuisine. Falafels, Hummus, Babagannouj,
- The Rheinlander - Great German food with strolling accordion players
- Alexis - Greek food. They serve this flaming cheese appetizer
(Saganaki) that's a lot of fun
- Il Fornaio - Classic Italian fare in a pleasant environment. (Portland location closed)
- Cold Stone - THE ULTIMATE ice cream parlor! Tanasborne next to
- Tara Thai House - Good Thai food. - Beaverton, OR
- Papa Haydn - Incredible desserts. Try the Boccone Dolce! (it was
better before they added the bananas)
- Taco Bell - That's right! I have a life too, you know. I also
enjoy Wendy's greek pita.